The Taste of Research Summer Scholarships created by the Faculty of Engineering give 3rd year students the change to undertake a 12 week project with existing research group within Faculty of Engineering, and receive a tax exempt allowance of about $500 per week.
To find out more about doing TOR research in Particle and Catalyst Research Group and how to apply for TOR scholarships, contact: Mandalena Hermawan
The following projects are offered for Taste of Research Summer 2014/2015 in PARTCAT group:
- Design of Separator-Extractor Unit for Harvesting and Processing of Microalgae
- Design of Magnetite-Fibre Composites (MAGNIFIC)
- Novel coating for controlling nitrifying bacteria growth in drinking water (Lim, Liu and Amal)
- Development of Graphene Oxide as Smart Antimicrobials
- Development of Ag Biosensor for Live-Cell Probing
- Design of Magnetic Virus for Capturing Pathogenic Bacteria
- Nanoparticles-viral composite for bacteria capture in food (Lim)
Important dates to remember:
- 22 August 2014 - Closing date for online applications
- mid to late September 2014 - Announcement of successful outcomes (offers emailed to students)
- 24 November 2014 - Students commence 12 week project (completion due on 27 February 2014, break over Christmas for UNSW Shutdown only )
- 19 February 2015 - Poster Presentation session
For further information regarding 2014/2015 projects and application process, please contact Professor Rose Amal by email. Particle and Catalysis Research group may also have project for Summer internship for third year students and outstanding second year students should your Faculty TOR application is unsuccessful. Scholarships may be available.